Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown
1400-038 Lisbon, Portugal
T (+351) 210 480 200
F (+351) 210 480 299
Only CVs and applications sent to the mentioned email will be accepted, unless otherwise indicated. The "Subject" field must contain the application area. CVs or applications that do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
Events and Space Rental
Tiago Azevedo e Silva ou Tânia Pascoal
T (+ 351) 210 480 200
António Champalimaud Vision Award
Services and Suppliers
Coming to the Foundation
38º 41' 36.89 N
9º 13' 15.83 W
- Coming from central Lisbon along Avenida 24 de Junho, you should follow the left lane in Alcantara, travelling on the metal overpass over the train line and then follow the railway line west parallel to the River Tagus, along Avenida Brasilia, passing the Discoveries Monument and the Belem Tower.
- Coming from central Lisbon along Avenida de Ceuta, you should drive straight ahead in Alcantara to cross the metal overpass above the train line and then follow the railway line west parallel to the River Tagus, along Avenida Brasilia, passing the Discoveries Monument and the Belem Tower.
- Coming from the Cascais line you should follow the Marginal until Alges, keeping to the right, cross above the railway line at the overpass and then follow Avenida Brasilia until the Belem Tower in order to reverse your direction back towards the Champalimaud Foundation.
- Coming from the Margem Sul, you should cross the April 25th Bridge, exiting in Alcantara. Arriving in the Alcantara market place you should continue towards the river, crossing above the railway line on the overpass, and then travel west parallel to the River Tagus, along Avenida Brasilia, passing by the Discoveries Monument and the Belem Tower.
- Coming from the CRIL, you should continue to the end (0km), exiting the roundabout in the direction of the Belem Tower. You will find the Champalimaud Foundation around 900m before the Belem Tower on the right-side.
The Algés station is a point of confluence of several public transport and from which you can easily reach the Champalimaud Foundation. You can catch the train from Cascais line, a Carris bus (N.º 76, 723, 750 and 751) or Vimeca (N.º 001, 002, 006, 010, 012, 020, 114 and 162) that have stops at the Algés station. From this station you can take a taxi or make the journey on foot.
From the Algés station is also possible to make the journey to the Champalimaud Foundation, on foot, in about 10 minutes. After going through the existing underpass, its 900m until you reach the entrance of the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown.
The Champalimaud Foundation has an underground car park with 400 spaces. The entrance is easily seen from the main road. The car park gives direct access to the Clinical Centre and to the Research areas as well as to the Auditorium and Darwin’s. The car park has Via Verde and operates between 8am and midnight, costing €1/hour.
The ambulances have special access through the west side and have their own exclusive parking area. This entrance is marked by an officer who controls access.