Registrations are now OPEN for school visits to the CCU for the school year of 2017/2018. Registrations will close by September 25th and the selected schools will be informed by the end of the month and the list will be published here. School visits will start in October.
Register your school here.
Tell me about the visits to the CCU
- The day of the visit is pre-defined by the organising team (always on a Tuesday morning);
- Visits start at 10 am, with a duration of ~2h30min;
- Throughout the visit, you will learn about the Champalimaud Foundation and its operational areas, namely about the scientific research areas and the daily-life of a scientist, by engaging in open discussions with members of the Champalimaud Research. In addition, there will also be the opportunity of visiting some of the scientific working places.
What is the criteria to participate in the CCU visits?
We would like to reach out to more schools, namely to schools that have not visited the CCU before.
Hence, and unlike previous years, in 2017/2018 we will not use the first-come first-served criterion, but instead we will take into consideration a set of factors:
- Up to 50 students + teachers per visit;
- Priority will be given to high school students (10th, 11th and 12th grades);
- Priority will be given to schools that have NOT visited the CCU before;
- Motivation to visit the CCU.
The list of selected schools will be announced by the end of September.
II. INDEPENDENT / SMALL GROUPS
Would you like to do a scientific visit to the CCU?
Do you have a particular interest related to a CNP research topic/laboratory?
Send us an e-mail explaining your interests and you will receive a reply with information about the availability and programme of the visit.
Contact email: email@example.com