2016/2017: Please check here the list of schools that registered for the school year of 2016/2017 - the selected schools are identified in bold
Tell me about the visits to the CCU:
- The day of the visit is pre-defined by the organising team (always on a Tuesday morning);
- Visits start at 10 a.m., with a duration of 2h30;
- Throughout the visit, you will learn about the Champalimaud Foundation and its operational areas, namely about the scientific research areas and the daily-life of a scientist, by engaging in open discussions with members of the Champalimaud Research.
In addition, there will also be the opportunity of visiting some of the scientific working places.
What is the criteria to participate in the CCU visits?
We would like to reach out to more schools, namely to schools that have not visited the CCU before. Hence, and unlike previous years, in 2016/2017 we will not use the first-come first-served criterion, but instead we will take into consideration a set of factors:
- Up to 50 students + teachers per visit;
- Priority will be given to high schools students (10th, 11th and 12th grades);
- Priority will be given to schools that have NOT visited the CCU before;
- Motivation to visit the CCU.
Registrations are open until September 25th and the list of selected schools will be announced by the end of September.
To register for the 2016/2017 school visits to the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, please click here.
Independent / Small groups
Would you like to do a scientific visit to the CCU? Do you have a particular interest related to the Champalimaud Research investigation topic/laboratory? Send us an email explaining your interests and you will receive a reply with information about the availability and programme of the visit.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org