26 Jul. 2021
26 Jul. 2021
Fundação D. Anna de Sommer Champalimaud e Dr. Carlos Montez Champalimaud (Champalimaud Foundation), a private, non-profit research institution, is opening a call for a Postdoctoral Researcher for Papanikolaou group.
Eligible candidates must hold a PhD or Doctorate degree and will be offered an employment contract with unknown term, within the scope of the research project entitled “ProCancer-i”; with reference “952159” - from the call Nº H2020-SC1-FA-DTS-2019-1, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
The contract is to be entered into by and between the Champalimaud Foundation and the selected candidate in accordance with all applicable legislation, including Law-Decree 57/2016, of the 29 the of August of 2016 in its current edition and the General Labour Code, as well as the internal rules and regulations of the Champalimaud Foundation, taking into account the conditions set out in the above mentioned Law-Decree for the recruitment of PhD Holders within the scope of research projects funded by public funds
Participate on the development of Deep Learning based models and Radiomics Signatures that will be extracted from mpMRI images from a total number of 17000 patients with prostate cancer, with a focus on statistical analysis concepts including but not limited to feature selection/reduction, ML modelling using survival analysis and other clinical outcomes.
- Deep-learning expertise;
- Medical imaging expertise (segmentation, coregistration).
- Prior experience on radiomics and deep learning projects in medical imaging;
- Fluency in English.
- 1st degree in Biomedical Engineering or Computer Science or statistics;
- Ph.D. on computer science with an emphasis on medical imaging analysis.
1. Competitive remuneration package commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience;
2. Full immersion into a research excellence ecosystem with highly motivated researchers, supported by state-of-the-art technology and continuous development opportunities;
3. The monthly remuneration to be attributed is the 69 level of the single Remuneration table (TRU), approved by Portaria nº 1553-C/2008, of December 31st, updated by Decreto-Lei n.º 10-B/2020, of March 20th, a base gross salary of 3994 Euros.
1. The employment contract is with an unknown term, and is expected to start within the 30 days after this call closing date. Notwithstanding, the parties may, at any time, wish to celebrate a permanent employment contract. The contract of employment resulting from this vacancy will expire due to the supervening, absolute and definitive impossibility of being given continuity if its respective funding is terminated without prejudice to the communication of its termination to the worker, in accordance with the provisions of article 345 of the Labor Code.
1. Format: Candidates must complete the standard application form and submit a single annexed PDF document containing the application materials stated in the call. Please use call reference: CT PnK Jul2021;
2. Applications are also accepted in paper, sent or handed to the HR & Fellows Support Office at the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, Avenida Brasília, 1400-038 Lisbon, Portugal.
1. All candidates will receive a receipt of acknowledgment within 7-10 business days. The highest scoring candidate will be notified by email or telephone. All other candidates will be notified solely by email of the final outcome of the recruitment process;
2. After being notified, candidates will have 10 working days to present a claim for redress by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If no claim is received by the Champalimaud Foundation, the Evaluation Committee's decision will become definitive;
3. The present call has the sole purpose of filling the indicated research position. This call may be canceled at any time on or before the jury’s evaluation of all eligible candidates and the recruitment process shall be concluded on the day of the full execution of the employment contract between the Champalimaud Foundation and the selected candidate.
1. Candidates will be screened to determine eligibility based on minimum qualifications listed in call;
2. Candidates meeting minimum requirements will be scored according to the required application materials:
- CV 70% weighting, motivation letter 15%, interview 10%;
- When tied, top candidates will be interviewed (in person, or remotely). The result of the interview is then the sole evaluation criteria (basic documentation required). If no tie, holding of interviews at the discretion of the Evaluation Committee;
3. Candidates’ referees may be contacted and may count towards evaluation (5%).
1. Nickolas Papanikolaou
2. Celso Matos
3. Noam Shemesh
Research is at the heart of the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, a modern research and clinical facility situated on the waterfront in Lisbon, Portugal. The goal of Champalimaud Research (CR) is to perform world-leading fundamental and translational research. Current research work is focused on the fields of neuroscience, physiology and cancer. Champalimaud Research comprises a team of over 400 scientists from around the world. English is the official language of the Centre. Lisbon’s sunny Atlantic Mediterranean climate, vibrant culture and high quality of life make this a great place to live and work.
In line with our community guidelines and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy and Gender Equality Plan, no candidate may be privileged, favored, prejudiced or deprived of any right or excluded from any duty on the basis of age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, disability, chronic illness, language, nationality, territory of origin, family status (marital, pregnancy and maternity, having or not having dependents), socioeconomic situation, education, religion, political or ideological beliefs, trade union membership, or on any other grounds which are irrelevant to decision-making.
This call may be cancelled at any time on or before the Evaluation Committee’s evaluation of all eligible candidates and the recruitment process shall be concluded on the day of the full execution of the signed agreement between the Champalimaud Foundation and the selected candidate.