- Champalimaud Research
The aspiration of the Champalimaud Research as an organisation is to help scientists to reach their full creative potential and to promote collective achievements beyond those reachable by individual scientists or laboratory groups. This is a challenge that we believe demands that we examine, question and attempt to improve the way scientists work together. Toward this end, our vision is to promote an institutional culture based on the following aims:
- To maximize cooperation without sacrificing independence and diversity of thought;
- To foster good life quality, recognising that well-being and productivity go hand in hand;
- To be a hub for scientific interaction, engaging our peers in productive exchange rather than competition;
- To share our knowledge not only within the scientific community but with the community at large;
- To continually renew the organisation itself, nurturing new scientific approaches and the organisational structures that encourage them.
If we are successful, the legacy of the Champalimaud Research will be not only advances in scientific knowledge but advances in the scientific process itself.
Open Access Policy
Open Access Policy
Open Access is an important movement, led by researchers, research institutions and funding agencies striving for a more open, accessible and sharing approach to research knowledge dissemination. Scientists, unlike most authors, are not reliant on income from their copyrighted published works. This puts them in a unique position, writing for scientific impact rather than for money. Furthermore, it is in the scientific community’s and in society’s best interest that research work be as impactful and as accessible as possible.
Human Resources Strategy for Researchers
HR Excellence in Research
Champalimaud Research strives to offer researchers an open, fair and supportive environment.
To this end, in Spring 2020 the Champalimaud Foundation Board of Directors initiated the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers certification process (HRS4R). In Autumn 2020 we were successfully awarded the HR Excellence in Research award status.